HERITAGE WINDOWS – IN NAME ONLY?
Besides looking slim, beautiful, and stylish, what does a customer demand to receive in a truly traditional yet low maintenance sash window crafted by professionals?
- Slim sightlines through both the upper and lower sashes to maximise the visible glass area
- Equal panes in both sashes to create a balanced appearance consistent with original timber sash windows
- “Putty line” glazing and staff bead outer frames
- Neat chamfered matching astragal bars externally and ovolo internally to match originals
- Foiled woodgrain finish
- Continuous sash horns
- Patented Timberweld wood effect ‘butt jointed’ corner construction
- Bonded Georgian bars, precision cut inside and out for a three dimensional character with a patented clip system to permanently secure the bars in place
- Deep bottom rail sympathetic to original designs
- Integral mullion for multi-light windows to reduce sightlines from 153mm to 99mm and to match original timber detail
- Deep 55mm cill an original timber feature
- Elegant and stylish cam catches in a range of colours to match traditional design
On top of all the above, customers will also demand that their windows come with an A rating for energy efficiency, a Secured by Design accreditation for security and a very rare BBA accreditation for longevity and performance.
Carol Slade, Managing Director for Masterframe Windows says “As demand for traditional sash windows increases, even in the new build sector, it is important that we deliver products that are as true to original as possible. This means respecting all the original features and giving customers the true benefit of fully enjoying a window style that has truly stood the test of time.
Read more about the features and benefits of award winning Masterframe windows here.